Sunday, June 26, 2011

At last - back to Android Advertising

Ok. After having survived our encounter with submitting an app to apple, we're now back in the Android world. The current state of affairs is that we have done some exploration on some android advertising options, and one of the most reliable and best paying ones to emerge has been a company called...what was it? Jumptap.

I will use them for the US market. Now, I also want to post to the Chinese and Korean market. I'm not sure how that works. But, in the interests of GETTING THIS THING DONE, I will just get it out there with Jumptap for now.


Congratulations! Your account information has been reviewed and approved. is now an approved publisher in the Jumptap mobile ad network.

Setup your mobile site/app to display ads and start earning money:
1. Log-in to your account. (http://www.jumptap.com)
2. Add a site/app to your Jumptap account.
3. Install ad code. We provide you with the sample code needed to display ads. You simply integrate it into your site/app.
4. Site approval. In 1-2 days you will receive an email confirming if your site has been approved. Once approved, your site will be ready to display ads!


Thank you again for becoming a publisher in the Jumptap mobile ad network. We look forward to working with you.

The Jumptap Team

Ok, the site is asking me for an account ID and password. Did I not get them yet? Guess not. So, what do I do now? There doesn't seem to be anything on their site which gives a hint.

Duh - am I the dumb one who can't figure this out?

Sugar. It lets you ask for the password; I entered my company name in the account id field, it sent me a password hint; but it doesn't take the company as the id. Wait, it does. I know, there must be a number or something required in the password.

Yup. That's it. Now, to fill out the app.

Ok. They want a url for the app. I have nothing set up yet. Nor have I deployed the app.

I'm thinking, deploy the app. But then, don't I lose the potential add revenue? Who's going to update to get adds?

What I need to do is build a very simple web page. Just add a few screen shots, that's it.

Here it is: www.kanjisoft.com/jlpt.html.

And, finished submitting the form!

Now, my next step will be to start work on integrating the functionality.

No comments:

Post a Comment