Saturday, June 25, 2011

App submission - submission hold!


Ok. We're officially into day 3 of submitting this app. It's really incredible.

But - we've successfully created the binary - and verified it. That can only be a good thing. But there was this whole 'nother section where I uploaded a bunch of artifacts, and went to upload the binary, only to find that I had to endure the digital equivalent of a Bataan death march to submit the app.

So, now I've decided to circle back and go through that loop again. First, I'll review my blog entries on that area to refamiliarize myself with that process.

I'm not sure this is going to work, mostly because of the wildcard issue. Actually, the bundle id is there; the app id I'm sure I originally put as Mye Quiz App. So it should match whatever it's supposed to matching; I hope.

Ok. My next error. When I try to upload, it says:

"The bundle is invalid. Valid values for the Key UIBackgroundModes in info.plist are audio, location or voip"


Ok. Well, let's recreate the binary. I clicked "Application does not run in background" on quiz-info.plist.

And deleted required background modes, as well as "0 entry".

Build succeeded. Then, I compressed it.


M. Highlight the app located within the "Products" sub-folder and
select 'Reveal in Finder' from the Action popup.
N. Reveal in Finder Use the compress option in Finder to create a
.zip file containing your application. Be sure to compress only the
.app file only and not the entire build folder.


And done. Using the load application utility, the submission was successful. I have survived the Bataan death march.

Now, all that remains is to pray for acceptance from the Almighty Apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment